PA119/A/13 Newtownards DARD Direct opens
28 May 2013
From today, DARD’s Direct office in Newtownards will open for business. The new office is located at Sketrick House, Jubilee Road, Newtownards, Co Down, BT23 4YH is designed to improve the delivery of DARD services to farmers and farm families. It brings together all six delivery service areas including Veterinary, Grants and Subsidies, Countryside Management, CAFRE Development Advisers, Rural Enterprise and Quality Assurance Services.
This one stop shop will bring together staff previously based at offices in Bradley Thallon House, Kiltonga Industrial Estate, Belfast Road, Newtownards and the Agricultural Development Centre at 2b Portaferry Road, Newtownards. The new office will offer customers the opportunity to access all our frontline services from a single, more accessible location. The fully refurbished office provides a customer friendly public reception including private interview rooms and a customer computer to enable farmers to access DARD’s online services.
DARD Direct Offices are open Monday to Friday between 9am to 4pm (excluding public holidays). Telephone Contact numbers for DARD services can be found by visiting the DARD website.
Notes to Editors:
- DARD commenced the rollout of the DARD Direct project in early 2008. Delivered through a series of one-stop-shops, DARD Direct is designed to improve the delivery of DARD services for customers by ensuring that the majority of enquiries are satisfactorily answered at the first point of contact, whether by telephone, online or in person.
- The Newtownards DARD Direct office is the tenth of twelve DARD Direct Offices to be delivered throughout Northern Ireland. Enniskillen, Coleraine, Dungannon, Newry, Downpatrick, Mallusk, Magherafelt, Armagh and Omagh have already been completed.
- The new Ballymena DARD Direct office at Academy House, is expected to open for business in June 2013.
- We continue to work with DFP to secure premises in Strabane, to complete the roll-out.
- All media enquiries to DARD Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.