Strategic Flood Map (NI)
The Strategic Flood Map (NI) - has been developed by Rivers Agency in co-operation with the Department of the Environment (DOE). The primary aim of the Strategic Flood Map is to provide an illustration of the areas throughout Northern Ireland that are considered to be at risk of flooding now and in future.
The Map is designed to:
- Help us and others to plan and manage our work to reduce flood risk.
- To encourage people living and working in areas prone to flooding to find out more and take appropriate action.
- Inform anyone who wants to apply for planning permission if flooding is likely to be an important consideration.
Please note some users may experience compatibility issues with older browsers.
Users may also be prompted to install Flash player and should also ensure pop ups are enabled, this is required for the viewer to function fully.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Property and Insurance FAQs
- Production and Purpose of the Strategic Flood Map FAQs
- Flood Risk Information and its Uses FAQs
- Other FAQs relating to the Strategic Flood Map
The following documents have been prepared by Rivers Agency and DoE Planning, with input from DRD, Roads Service and NI Water:
- How to use the Strategic Flood Map (NI) (Portable Document Format, 1397 Kb)
- Guidance on the use of the surface water flood map (Portable Document Format, 66 Kb)
For further information in relation to the Strategic Flood Map, or any queries you may have on it, please contacts us.