Building Sustainable Prosperity
The Rural Development Programme 2001-2006 for Building Sustainable Prosperity addressed development priorities, which werecommonplace throughout the less prosperous regions of the European Community. It was intended to play a key role in the transition to a more peaceful, stable, prosperous, fair and outward looking society, sustained by a better physical environment.
The programme sought to address a range of development needs including improvements to infrastructure and increasing the skills of the workforce to improve the region’s competitiveness.
It had 5 key elements delivered by DARD and our Partners.
- Community Local regeneration projects and programmes
- Building Capacity of Rural Communities
- Profit Taking - Local Regeneration Project & Programmes
- Sectoral Programme and Projects
- Area Based Programmes and Projects