Farm Modernisation Programme
What is the Farm Modernisation Programme?
Farm Modernisation Programme (FMP) aims to contribute to the competitiveness of agricultural and horticultural farm businesses in Northern Ireland. This will be achieved by providing financial support to existing farm businesses to improve the overall performance of their farm through modernisation under six key priority investment areas:
- Introduction of new technologies and innovation;
- Improved animal health and welfare;
- Increased hygiene control and product storage;
- Enhanced occupational safety and business efficiency;
- Increased energy efficiency; and
- Enhanced environmental status.
Who can apply?
Agricultural and horticultural farm businesses that have a Category 1 DARD Farm Business Identification number are eligible to apply.
When will the FMP open for receipt of applications?
Funding under the FMP will be delivered over a series of application periods or tranches:
- FMP Tranche 1 closed for applications on Tuesday 31 March 2009, and all awards for funding under this tranche have been made.
- FMP Tranche 2 closed for applications on Friday 26 November 2010, and all awards for funding under this tranche have been made.
- FMP Tranche 3 closed for applications on Friday 19th October 2012, applications are currently being assessed.
Any queries should be made to DARD’s appointed FMP Managing Agent:-
Countryside Agri-Rural Partnership
97 Moy Road
Telephone Number: 0845 026 7535
Fax Number: 0288 77 88 200
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Farm Modernisation Programme is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
Related Press Articles