- Voluntary/Free Access Cubicles Commonly used throughout the UK, voluntary cubicles are simple and reliable enabling small groups of sows to be individually fed. Use of space is maximised since the feeding area doubles as a lying area.
- Trickle feeding It is based on flat rate feeding for each group with feed delivered to individual feeding points, in small portions.
- Kennels and Individual Feed Cubicles This system is widely used throughout the UK. It is simple, reliable and enables group housed sows to be individually fed.
- Yards or Kennels with Floor Feeding - This system, which can be accommodated within a wide range of building systems, allows sows to be kept in groups of varying sizes to suit any herd size.
- Electronic sow feeding - Sows are kept in large groups (30-200+) and fed individually in a computer controlled feeding station.
- Types of farrowing crates used in farrowing houses in Northern Ireland
- Layouts of actual farrowing rooms in Northern Ireland