Cross Compliance (Environment) means you must:
- Follow standards for environmental protection, food safety, animal and plant health, and animal welfare – known as Statutory Management Requirements (SMRs).
- Maintain land to a minimum standard of Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition (GAEC).
Cross-Compliance applies to all land within an agricultural business claiming direct agricultural support irrespective of whether it is used to activate payment entitlements.
For information on other aspects of Cross Compliance contact your local DARD office or www.dardni.gov.uk/cross-compliance
For further information on environmental Cross Compliance contact your local DARD office or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Compliance - Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition (GAEC)
This section contains details on maintaining land in Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition (GAEC) including:
- Soil Management
- Supplementary Feeding
- Field Boundaries
- Protection of Habitats (Wildlife Areas), Archaeological Sites and Permanent Pasture
- Irrigation Authorisations
Cross Compliance – Environmental Protection SMRs
This section deals with the Statutory Management Requirements (SMRs) for environmental protection (the links below point to a PDF document of 3.23MB).
- Conservation of Wild Birds – protection of wild birds, their eggs and nests.
- Conservation of Natural Habitats and of Wild Flora and Fauna
- Protection of Groundwater Against Pollution
- Protection of the Environment when Sewage and Septic Tank Sludge is used in Agriculture
- Protection of Water Against Nitrate Pollution
More information on Cross Compliance