Plant & Tree Health
There are many plant and tree pests and diseases which, if they were to become established in Northern Ireland, could cause serious damage to our agricultural and horticultural crops, forestry, and natural environment.
Plant Health Inspection Branch implements statutory controls in relation to Plant Health.
- Surveys for a range of quarantine pests and diseases
- Implementing controls in relation to findings / outbreaks of quarantine plant pests/diseases
- Ensuring compliance with controls on the movement of regulated plants within the EU.
- Inspection of regulated plants and plant products from outside the EU landed in Northern Ireland.
- Inspection and plant health certification of exports of plant material to countries outside the EU
Forest Service implements statutory plant health controls in relation to wood and bark.
Come along and see what’s ‘App’ at the DARD Plant Health Stand @ Balmoral Show!
Are you interested in plants, trees and the environment? Are you concerned about the future of our countryside? Then visit the Plant Health Inspection Branch stand at Balmoral Show to;
Be an extra pair of eyes while you are out and about, and help us safeguard our plant and tree health.